"Test results"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

In April GP tried to get hospital admittance for my husband as he was in great pain and discomfort but there were no beds available.

An emergency appointment was made. Two weeks! Tests were carried out and he was told by doctor results would be almost immediate.

Still waiting and have been told they were 'on the shelf' 12 days ago and will be looked at when there is somebody available to do so.

Very dismissive attitude and was told previously 'pain is not a priority'. The person to whom I have spoken 3 times certainly needs to be taught how to be compassionate even though we are just a number to them. Almost five weeks and still waiting !

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Saunders,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your results, and I was also concerned to hear of the poor attitude of the staff member who has been dealing with you.

Please email me on Sally.smith2@nhs.net and I will find out the information you require.

Apologies again for the wait.

Sally