About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I have been under the hospital for many months for bladder problems. I had minor surgery in February 2016 & matters have gone incredibly wrong.

The consultant I saw on the 12/05/16 advised me as a matter of urgency I would be seen for a further Urology Procedure within 4 weeks of this date. This has not happened & after chasing their secretary around the 12th June it was confirmed the consultant had documented that I was an urgent case & was to be put on a waiting list within 4 weeks -12th June 2016.

However just tried to chase theatre appointment today & been told their is an incredible waiting list for my procedure & they cannot even predict a date.

Result:-Since Feb 2016's theatre op -matters have gone downhill & as a middle aged women /nurse requested a catheter would make my life more bearable at the May 2016 appointment.- This was not considered & now had to give up my job as a consequence of this health issue.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have encountered. If you would kindly provide us with your contact details via our Patient Relations Team we will look at what can be done. They can be contacted on 0118 322 8338 or by emailing talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk