About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Rang 111 regarding pain in my wrist and they adviced me to go to a&e within 4 hours. I got to a&e and was greeted by a fed up, rude receptionist. I then proceeded to be seen by the nurses who said my tendant was causing me problems and ibuprofen to relieve pain. The nurses never asked me any questions about my pain other than how it started and proceeded to discuss with themselves on what to do next. It seemed the nurses were trying to reduce the waiting time in the a&e or were trying to clock off their shift. Very appalled by this, they made me feel stupid even though I rang 111 for advice first and was referred there through them.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the attention you received in our Emergency Department I will share your experience with the team involved in your care and treatment.

If you believe this would be helpful I would be grateful if you could email a member of my team so that we can gain further details and try to assist you:

Kind Regards