"A little more communication"

About: Broomfield Hospital

All the staff were kind, friendly and helpful. I just felt there could be a little more communication. I was admitted at 12 but my operation wasn't until 4.00 which isn't a problem when you have been told but I was just left, feeling quite anxious for about 3 hours, unaware of when I would go down. I was also given conflicting advice post-op about when I could get up on my own, when I could eat and when I could go home. I was told I would need a week off work in my pre-op because I am a primary school teacher, the nurse said it would be best to stay infection free but post-op, the surgeon said a day or so would be enough. One other concern I have is that my pre-op was at the beginning of March and I wasn't re-tested for MRSA before coming in for op in June. All just 'even better if' comments as in general the care given was good.

Response from Broomfield Hospital

Thank you for the feedback it is appreciated. Great to read all staff were king and friendly but it is a shame other factors tainted this for you for which we are sorry.