"Doddington Hospital - Cambridgeshire's best..."

Doddington Hospital is superb and nobody knows it is there.

I have been there several times - an outpatients physio appointment, emergency x rays for asthma, to see a GP on a Sunday, asthma again and I needed steroids urgently (via the NHS advice line).

After falling off a horse I was sent there by my doctor for X rays on my back, seen immediately on arrival and that place is so relaxing I was nearly asleep on my trolley and a bit disappointed when they said I had to go.

All the waiting room areas have bookshelves with all the books for sale at around 30p plus there is a tea coffee homemade cake shop with various other stuff for sale, all super cheap and very good, it is worth calling in even if there is nothing wrong with you, like a mini car boot sale all the time

Parking is around 30 yards from the door, if that. .

The staff are always mega helpful and friendly. They are open every day with a superb minor injuries unit.

A friend of mine from Bedfordshire came to stay with me for a few days, she had fallen out of her attic the day before and was concerned that she may have broken her collarbone.

We got to the hospital about 11.45am and she had been examined, x rayed, given advice and we were out of there by 1pm, pretty impressive and everything done so smoothly and no hassle whatsoever with staff all brilliant and taking time to explain things to you.

Response from Doddington Hospital

Dear Anne

Many thanks for finding the time to let us know what you thought about the care you received from the Minor Injury Unit and our colleagues in the X-Ray team.

I’ll make sure your comments are fed back to the appropriate managers who look after both services.

I know it will be a real boost to team morale after they see your very generous words.

Best wishes