"pacemaker fitted"

About: Westmorland General Hospital

I was contacted by a consultant on the team who had examined the results of my 24hr ambulatory heart monitoring and told me they believed I needed to have a pacemaker fitted as a matter of urgency. This was fixed for 3 days time.,whilst shocked to receive this news I was impressed that the doctor had phoned personally and arrangements made so quickly.

Unfortunately the Xray machine overheated and the procedure cancelled. I understood that this matter was nobodies fault and was impressed by the genuine concern of the staff and the way they dealt with the reaction of another elderly patient who was upset and a little irrational. Staff were polite at all times. The pacemaker was fitted the following week. Staff were friendly and responsive to my needs, were ready to make a hot drink or toast at anytime and keen to make an unpleasant experience as easy and as comfortable as possible. It was an overnight stay

Response from Westmorland General Hospital

Thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent care at the Westmorland General Hospital. We're sorry your stay didn't quite go to plan and thanks for the comments which we'll send on to the teams involved. Best wishes for your recovery.