"Not enough funding or staff at the lighthouse..."

Having a child born with a disability is traumatic enough for parents to come to terms with . Similarly children that do not appear to have a problem at birth but are not progressing as they should is a huge worry for parents . Finding out that there is a specialist centre to help your child in the areas they need support with is a lifeline . However the hope fades when the reality kicks in that there is not enough funding , appointments for physio , speech therapy are few and far between . Appointments made are often cancelled with the promise from the receptionist you will get a call back from someone in the team with a new appointment . It doesn't happen , not because the staff do not care , but because there aren't enough staff and they are too busy and overstretched .

This centre should be a priority for funding , children that attend here are the children that need the most support in our society . I encourage any other parent using the lighthouse centre to leave a review. Our children deserve the best treatment , they are valuable and precious .

Response from Lighthouse Child Development Centre

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered.

Please be assured I have sent your comments onto the Paediatric department for them to view - as we do not have any personal identifiable information via this site I am unable to look into your individual case but if you feel you would like someone to respond and look into this then please contact our pals team - pals@southend.nhs.uk or call 01702 385333 and the team will be happy to assist.

In the meantime, thank you for your post.

The Patient Involvement Team