"Thank you for looking after me so well!"

About: University College Hospital

I came to A&E after work, having had chest pains all day, and having been suffering with fever-like symptoms for a while. I was alone and rather far from home (Cambridgeshire), and therefore scared and lonely! At first I couldn't find A&E but a kind member of staff gladly took me there when I was in distress. After an inevitable wait, all the nurses and doctors I saw over the next several hours were so lovely and kind with me and comforted me when I was clearly worried. I stayed in hospital for three nights and couldn't have wished for better care. The food was surprisingly enjoyable (!) and I was extremely lucky to have private rooms in both wards. My only small concern was that the exchange of information between shifts/wards/individuals wasn't as effective as it might have been. I'd like to thank everyone who helped look after me very much: porters, cleaners, hostesses, doctors, junior doctors, nurses, consultants and all! I'm so grateful for the NHS!

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received during your recent visit to A&E and as an inpatient at UCLH and will feed this back to the teams.