"29 year old male rushed in with a femur break!"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Rushed into hospital after I broke my femur. Pmeds were absolutely fantastic/don't remember to much entering the hospital as ketamine took me to another world. Straight into cv room and then to a bed. Which then I wasn't operated on for 2 days & because of this I had an fat embolism enter my lung which caused them to have to put me into a 3 day comer. After all this I was back to the ward (lucky to be alive) for 8 days recovery.

Sent home and now 15 weeks later I decided to accidentally fall down 5 steps outside in the garden, so I'm now off to a&e again. All I can say is all the staff were amazing apart from one night nurse that did not care about anybody all they did was sat on their phone and didn't respond to the bed alarms.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the trouble to post this feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your accidents, and to hear how unwell you were afterwards. I do hope you are now recovering well.

Thank you for the feedback about the nurses on their phones and not responding to call bells. I will ensure the Matron is made aware so that she can remind staff to attend to people's requests and also not not use their phones at work.

Best regards,