"Lack of any advice."

About: General practices in Tayside Ninewells Hospital / Neurology

I have been trying to deal with Peripheral Neuropathy since 2013 and despite medication and changes in medication not any further in 2016.

This condition is relentless 24/7 and 365 days a year, yet asking for help is similar to running into a brick wall.

Despite my requests to see a specialist in gaining a second opinion and the fact it's worse than before, the outcome is zero.

More drugs and no help, I now must contemplate leaving my surgery and the onus on me finding one locally is again nil.

This is because it's out of the catchment area where I reside, I am one unhappy person because of the way things are and feel time up at my local GP surgery. How do I leave my surgery?

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are facing in trying to deal with your peripheral neuropathy. Unfortunately, without specific information, it is difficult for me to comment further regarding your particular situation. Should you wish to discuss this further, I can be contacted via the Complaints and Feedback Team on 0800 027 5507 (freephone) or via email to feedback.tayside@nhs.net.

I note you are also unhappy and contemplating leaving your GP surgery, but unsure of how to do so.

I am advised that if you wish to change GP practice, you can approach any Practice of your choice to ask to register, provided you live within the boundary for that Practice. The new Practice would then provide you with the necessary information on the documentation required in order to complete the registration process. If you are comfortable doing so, it is advisable to let your current practice know of your intention to register elsewhere, as this may speed up the process for the transfer of your patient records. However, if you are uncomfortable with doing this, the process will start automatically when you register with a new Practice. Unfortunately, some GP Practices are unable to register new patients at present. Further advice regarding this and Practice boundary information can be obtained by contacting Primary Care Services on 01382 425664.

I hope the above information is helpful to you.

Alison Moss