"On my first maternity visit for ..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

On my first maternity visit for my 12 week scan I feel I was treated badly at the ultrasound reception area, not the antenatal reception they were very helpful. I felt belittled and made to feel very uneducated and looked down on. I understand from the public as I am a very young looking mother tobe but not from a professional member of staff who is supposed to treat everyone equal. For your information I am 18.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

At The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust we strive to provide the best possible care and to meet the expectations of all of our patients. I am sorry that on this occasion we were not able to do that.

Everyone who is a patient at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust should be made to feel welcome and I am sorry that on this occasion you felt this way about the care you received in the Ultrasound Reception Area. We have passed on your feedback to the team to ensure they understand how you felt about the experience.

In future, if ever you need any help with your care or feel you are not getting the response or experience you would expect please call us on 01279 827084.