"neurology clinic at ayrshire central hospital"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital

I have SCA20 and went to an appointment this morning. The doctor couldn't understand what I was saying! I tried to ask him about one thing that was affecting me and he actually said he could not understand what I said.. I said it a different way but he still could not understand.

He then examined me and said there was no change since I last had an appointment six months ago. How can he say this if my speech is that bad that he cant understand me or is the problem his? I asked him about another thing that has become a problem and he just shrugged. I then asked about something else and he shrugged again! ! Left with several things unasked and unanswered and the feeling of "whats the point"!

Dear 20June2016,

I am so sorry you had such a traumatic time. there is nothing more annoying than being ignored or simply not listened to and it is not helpful at all. (I admit, I hate it!)

There seems to be two main parts, one, your experience which seems to have been unhelpful and two, you have questions we need to answer. How we do that is the question. I will need to seek guidance from the manager for neurology before I can say how we sort this for you but if you can contact me so we can see what we can do about this. and my phone number is 01563 826222. I appreciate phoning me may be difficult for you so if you can, call me with someone to help you, or email me at eunice.goodwin@apct.scot.nhs.uk

Thank you so much for telling us about this.

Best wishes,

Dear 20June2016,

Thank you so much for contacting me by phone. Good news, our Manger for Neurology services has requested a review appointment which will be sent out to you. I hope this will give you all the answers and support you need.

Best wishes,

Dear 20June2016,

I am pleased I managed to speak to you today and that the appointment we could offer was suitable for you.

best wishes,