"Amazing care and empathy from staff"

About: Ayr Hospital / Clinical haematology

My dad was treated in Ayr hospital last year for non Hodgkin's lymphoma. This was such a scary time for our family as he became ill very suddenly but from a&e to medical receiving to the oncology ward the staff were absolutely wonderful.

My Dad can be a terrible patient, dismissing his symptoms and not asking for pain relief but the staff were very much on the ball and made sure he was comfortable. The staff were very knowledgable, caring and compassionate towards us and always had time to answer our questions and comfort us when needed. His appointments were always quick and a few times I had to phone up for advice the staff were always great.

I can't thank staff enough for bringing my dad back to good health, we will always be grateful!

Dear Cellio,

This is such a lovely accolade for all the staff your Dad came in contact with; thank you for taking the time to post it. I will be very happy to ensure all the various teams are made aware of this. It is such a scary time and extremely stressful for everyone, I can understand why you are so delighted.

Best wishes to you and your family,