"giving birth"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Maternity

A good experience overall however I was the loudest women the midwife had ever heard & was asked to be quiet. As I grabbed my husband in agony midwife asked him if I was abusive at home, my husband was furious at her for this and still is.

Felt rather rushed to get out of labour ward once I'd given birth. I asked @ 9am if I could leave postnatal ward by 2.30 to pick up my daughter & I didnt get out till 530. Midwives were obviously very busy & I felt like there were too busy to talk to me. They spent a lot of time with the breast feeding mothers. Staff were all friendly though & I would give birth again there.

Very clean & spacious room on delivery ward. Medical wise no problems and staff were efficient in their roles

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Betneybee,

I would first like to say that I am extremely sorry you have had reason to complain about the care you received whilst in our care and the insensitivity that was shown but I would also like to thank you for raising these concerns.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I will be sharing your experience with staff at ward meetings. Genuinely listening to our patients experiences of care is extremely important to us and learning from where we could have done better is a corner stone to our journey of continuous improvement.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate in contacting me through our PALS team on 01522 707071.

Kind regards,