"Contraceptive Pill"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Contraception and reproductive health service

After reading the website that says and I quote "We can offer advice on all methods of contraception (including emergency)" I catch the bus (47 min) to Beckhanam Beacons clinic only to find I cannot get in the clinic due to the door being locked and there is a sign on the door saying they only offer condoms and the morning after pill! I am leaving to go overseas and am in need of more pills to cover the time I'm away. What a waste of time!

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Nursing, Quality Team, Bromley Healthcare We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Patient Opinion and I am very sorry that you did not receive the care you needed.

I suspect from what you have written that you perhaps were attending the GUM clinic rather than the reproductive health clinic that we run. I am able to guess this as we do not ever only offer a service of condoms and the morning after pill.

That said, clearly our signage isn't as good as it could be, otherwise you would have found us! The Service Lead for our service has confirmed that she will, with her team, look at the information on our website as a result of your posting and ensure it is clear.

Unfortunately we are unable to change the signage due to the contract we hold with the landlord.

I hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip abroad and thank you again.