"admitted with severe stomach pain and vomitting"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

I was admitted to ward 6 dumfries and galloway royal infirmary with a sub acute bowel obstruction. All the staff were professional and compassionate, couldnt have faulted them. Well done!

What could be improved is the communication about the condition.

Response from Michaela Cannon, Patient Feedback and Complaints Co-ordinator, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Dear tthomas

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted you had an excellent care experience.

I have forwarded your comments to the staff concerned as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

I note that you have suggested that communication about your condition could have been improved and we would welcome your thoughts and suggestions for improvement, if you would like to get in touch with us.

You can contact the Patient Services Team directly on 01387 272733 or by email at Dumf-uhb.PatientServices@nhs.net.