"Urology, Clayton Ward and Clinic 4 - I cannot thank them enough"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Urology

What a wonderful experience of care, attention and reassurance I received from Lincoln County Hospital. Having been referred to the urology department they acted very quickly in their investigations. The consultant performing the cystoscopy found a tumour in my bladder. Mr Dahar was superb in explaining his findings and the treatment required. The following week I attended for pre-op assessment.

On the day of my operation I was dealt with sensitively and with superb care from the nurses, anaesthetist and the surgeon Mr. Daruwala. I recovered on Clayton Ward and received this continuous excellent care throughout from the doctors and nurses looking after me. I have since attended Clinic 4 under the care of Mr Murali who kindly explained the cancerous tumour removal and that it was non invasive. They had removed it all and it had not penetrated through the bladder wall so hopefully this would removal had been successful.

The whole team had worked together to eradicate the tumour very quickly. Mr Murali arranged for further check ups on a regular basis to ensure everything was still clear. The whole team of the staff in Urology, Clayton Ward and outpatients Clinic 4 gave excellent service, reassurance and absolute fantastic care. I feel I was certainly well looked after and cannot thank them enough.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Smudge1,

I’m really pleased to hear that you had such a good experience from pre-admission right through to discharge.

I was particularly pleased to hear that you received good care on Clayton Ward, and will share this with the team at our next ward meeting.

Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Averil Adams,

Acting Sister, Clayton Ward.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Smudge1,

I am very pleased that you were happy with the care that you received when you attended clinic 4.

Thank you for taking the time to leave the feedback and I will ensure the team are aware

Sandra Rice

Sister – Outpatients

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Smudge1,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. It is always very motivating to our teams to hear that we were able to provide a service and care that resulted in such a positive patient experience.

Your comments and praise has been shared widely amongst all involved in your care from the Consultants and specialists through theatre staff, ward teams and the administrative team who work behind the scenes to ensure patients are seen in a timely way.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us how well you felt you were looked after. We will continue to work hard to ensure that we are able to maintain this level of service.

Many thanks.