"Thanks to all the staff involved"

About: Victoria Hospital / Cardiology

I was admitted to Admission 1 ward at Victoria Hospital with heart and breathing problems recently. I was very frightened at the time as I am 83 years old, but the staff were marvellous and I was attended to immediately.

I would like to thank all the staff in this ward with special thanks to the nurse called Lee who was very professional and thanks to the Dr also who saw me within 10 minutes of my arrival.

After being examined by Dr Cargill I was transferred up to the CCU where the staff again were wonderful and reassured me regarding my treatment.

Please convey my gratitude to both wards and all the staff involved in my care.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear tonytyke

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent hospital stay.I was sorry to hear that you needed to be in hospital but was delighted to hear your positive feedback about the staff in Admissions Unit 1 and in the CCU. Being able to identify the staff is very helpful as it means I can make sure your comments get to them directly. I will also take the opportunity to share your post more widely with the Teams, as your comments are a helpful reminder of the importance of staff acting professionally and efficiently which builds condfidence and trust from a patient's perspective.. I hope you are now recovering well.

Louise Ewing