"Forty days in wishaw general hospital"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

I was admitted to Wishaw General hospital after being rushed to this hospital A & E with a suspected heart attack. After lots of tests the doctor wasn't sure what had caused all the excruciating pains in my chest I was then transferred to the emergency care unit and the next day to Ward 4 where I was a patient for forty days I was diagnosed with Endocarditis after many tests. I was treated with antibiotics for five weeks then given the all clear. I can only say the care I had from the doctors & nurses was second to none G BOYLE and his nursing team are the most dedicated, caring people I have ever met and cannot praise them highly enough. All the staff were always so professional in their duties while being kind at the same time and whatever they are paid it will never be enough for the care they give

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Mac 69

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital, and indeed at such a worrying time for you. I hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in Ward 4 who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

• Mac 69 thinks this response is helpful