"Orthopaedic service is excellent"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

I have just had bilateral partial knee replacements at the Royal and the service offered has been excellent. From the preoperative Enhanced Recovery class to final discharge home all the individuals involved have been caring and knowledgeable. All aspects of my admission, operation, post-op recovery and discharge to home have been well managed and the cooperation between the specialities is fantastic. Even before I was admitted provision of equipment for my discharge was being planned and delivered which ensured a seamless patient journey for me.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Dear Wendy

It was very kind of you to take the time to write about your experience ; I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you wish to express your grateful thanks to the surgical team within the Orthopaedics Department.

We have a staff recognition scheme called the Pride of Derby award within the Trust which recognises staff who have gone that extra mile for their patients.

I will ensure that all staff involved in your care are nominated for the appropriate section of this award.

I hope you are recovering well from your surgery and thank you again for taking the time to write.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).