"Hospital stay"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department Wishaw General Hospital / Rheumatology

Went to hospital with my mum we ended up in emergency care who I think need some lessons from ward 8. emergency care managed to throw my mums teeth in the bin I just thought here we go she 92 just the age no one can be bothered with so when we then got transferred to ward 8 I thought she will want to get out of their, but I was impressed they look after her like she was one of there mothers I was so glad to see the effort they made so I just wish there was a C McNally and team in every ward

So I like to thank all of the angel nurses in ward8 good work girls&boys

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Fumfer

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care your mother received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital, and indeed at such a worrying time for you and your family. I indeed hope that your mother is recovering well and her health will continue to improve.

I am sorry to hear of the issues that you encountered in The Emergency Care Unit and I apologise to you and your mother. I am however pleased that you were happy with the care delivered to your mother when she was transferred to Ward 8.

I will ensure that your comments are fed back to both clinical areas, so that we can take learning from your experience and ensure improvements, as well as feedback your positive comments to the staff in Ward 8. I have no doubt they will be delighted.

Thank you once again and best wishes to your mother

• Fumfer thinks this response is helpful