"Fantastic staff team"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

I went in to ward 15 on 7.5.16 seen to quicky and shown to a bed my operation was knocked back a couple of times for emergencies, after 11 hours i was sent home to return early the next morning. (This was a pain but people who where very ill were seen to first which should be the case. I dont have any complaints about this as it is just one of those things) On my return 8.5.16 i had my operation by 11.00 and discharged at 2.00. The staff where amazing very friendly,helpfull and happy to help with compasion and plenty advice and information. The staff and doctors ect made me feel relaxed and at ease and made a difficult day or day and a half easyer. Well done ward 15 🖒 x

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly, I’m sorry for the time it has taken us to respond to your fantastic review. We’re working with NHS Choices to look a possible issue with their alerting system?

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, thanks also for being so considerate of our emergency surgeries. I am delighted that your surgery went well and you were able to be discharged so promptly. Our amazing theatre team and staff on Ward 15 will be over the moon to receive your review.

I’m glad you have been given some advice and information to help you with your recovery, but should you need us, don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

All the best