"On the waiting list for over 2 years"

I have been on the waiting list for over 2 years now and on my last appointment which was in April 2014 I was told that I will have to wait 6 months - 2 years to be on top of the waiting list, it is now May 2016 therefore I should have been contacted for another appointment. I would have thought that I would have already started my treatment more than a year ago. An accurate time frame for the waiting should be provided so that a patient will have a better idea of when they will be on top of the waiting list.

Response from New Birmingham Dental Hospital

Dear Mr Salik

Thank you for getting in touch, and I am very sorry that you have had a long wait for treatment.

I fully agree that it is important for patients to be given accurate information and realistic timescales when treatment is planned, and I do not yet understand why this was not the case for you without looking into the matter further.

I will do this tomorrow and contact you (by phone if the number is available, by letter if not) to provide you with an update on your plan for treatment.

If you wish to contact me, my number is 0121 466 7128 or email alison.last@bhamcommunity.nhs.uk

Once again please accept my apologies for the time since you have been contacted about your treatment.

Yours sincerely