"Excellent Breast Services"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I was recalled after a routine 3-year mammogram, but had to delay it due to a business trip abroad.

This delay inevitably increased my anxiety and concerns, so when I finally made to the QA Breast Services after a couple of bad nights of sleep, I almost convinced that something is wrong with my breast!

But I was relieved when I met the staff at the clinic, who were very helpful and reassuring.

I am most impressed by their professionalism and the thoroughness with which the radiographer conducted the series mammograms, including one last to be sure.

I was examined by the Doctor who explained my mammograms and conducted ultrasound, before finally declaring that I was fine.

The whole process took about one hour and was extremely efficient.

This is the first time I came to a hospital for a detailed examination after working nearly 30 years in the UK, I am very pleased with the experience and really proud of our NHS service, may it continue & prosper.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words with us. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience within Breast Services.

Please be assured that I will share your comments with the teams involved. May I take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Kind regards.