"Had a toe amputated"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Specialist services / Podiatric surgery

I had a hammer toe, which became ulcerated, I visited my GPS who gave me medication, unfortunately it didn'the get better and I was advised to go to the podiatry dept at Park House, Primary Care Centre Charlton, Nottingham, . I was assessed and it was treated, after a short time I was given more advice and a suggestion was made to have it amputated. 8th was either to have it all off 9r 1/2 it off. I decided to have it taken off. I had my toe amputated last month and the service jobs received by the whole team was very good and I couldn't fault anything.

Response from Duncan Heaney, Head of Service - Podiatry, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience. I will ensure that the team receive your comments and best wishes in your recovery.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for your kind words. I'm pleased that you felt you received good service.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Sharon Saunders

Matron, Elective Orthopaedics

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for choosing to use the Community Surgical Podiatry unit Nottinghahamshire Health care Foundation trust. I am so pleased that you received an excellent service and follow up from us.