"The staff where friendly enough"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

The staff where friendly enough

I have had 3 trips to hospital recently aftersuffering with abdominal cramps. I had a 3 hour wait in A&E waiting to be seen then was transferred to Gynae ward where i was made to wait another hour before i was given any pain relief there, then they lost my notes so had no idea what pain releif i was given in A&E or even who i was, I was then given conflicting information as to whether i should keep taking certain drugs that i had been subscribed.On leaving the ward they lost my drug chart! The problem persisted and i had to return to SAU, i was admitted during the day and told to return 8AM the next morning for an ultrasound scan, i had to return with my 8 week old baby as i had no option and was made to wait 6 and a half hours in a day room with nothing to eat or drink before i was seen,it was only when i thew a wobbly and cried that i got some pain releif and a glass of water. There were a few staff that seemed concerned that i hadn't been seen but it didn'y move things along any quicker, then just to be told they didn't know whats wrong with me after spending the day in a waiting room with my small baby. SHOCKING!!!! Nice new hospital but it seems as far as staff are concerned It seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, all they seem to do is complain about how swamped they are...sorry but not the patients fault, and i still have abdominal pain and no answers. All in all a poor service and socks need to be pulle up.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our services, the Trust takes all feedback seriously. Please get in touch with us directly if you would like us to research your issue further by contacting our Patient and Customer Services Team on 0800 917 6039 or email PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk.