"Emergency Operation"

About: Leicester General Hospital

I was transferred from Loughborough Hosp with a suspected appendectomy which turned out to be a rupture to the lower intestines the surgical team did a great job with the operation. I spent two days in HDU were the staff were really supportive attentive and helped me and my family understand what had happened to me. I was then transferred to Ward 27 were the staff were excellent with there treatment. Overall the staff at the hospital from the Parking office, Reception, Hospital accommodation and all of the Nurses and Doctors were a credit to the NHS. The only small complaint would be that the Hospital could have been a bit cleaner.

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Dear L Hall,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our service at Leicester General Hospital.

We're delighted to hear that you received excellent treatment from everyone involved, from HDU to Ward 27. We do however apologise that the level of cleanliness wasn't satisfactory.

Your comments are much appreciated and have been forwarded to all staff members involved.

We hope you are beginning to feel better and wish you a speedy recovery.

Kind regards,