"Recovery - 5 years on"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / Trauma & orthopaedics Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance Western General Hospital (Edinburgh)

In June 2011, after a serious motorbike accident, I was admitted to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, more dead than alive, and with an almost severed leg. My recovery has been excellent, and I remain eternally grateful to all - Scottish Ambulance Service, A&E, Intensive Care, Vascular surgeons, Blood Transfusion Service, Orthopaedic surgeon (Mr Keenan), Physiotherapists at the Royal and Western General hospital, and all the nursing staff in ward 208. I will never forget what you did for me.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Luckybiker

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about the care you received at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and the Western General Hospital following your serious motorbike accident 5 years ago and was really pleased to read that you have had an excellent recovery.

I have passed your feedback onto the hospital teams and I am sure they will be delighted with your kind words.

Thank you again.

• Luckybiker thinks this response is helpful

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Luckybiker

Thank you so much for getting in touch through Patient Opinion. I am really pleased to hear about your recovery after what sounds like a horrendous accident. I was also pleased to read about the care that you received from everyone who treated you on that day.

Whilst it has been 5 years since your accident, I would love to be able to let the ambulance crews who treated you know how you got on. To do this I would need a few more details. If you were willing to provide some more details, you can contact me on 0131 314 0003 or at martnesposito@nhs.net.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Take care