"Service at L&D"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital / Accident and emergency

I went in hospital having being refered by the out of hours GP due to severe flu symptoms And struggling to breathe

After waiting over 2 hours I was finally seen and had blood tests Not only did the nurse miss my vein 3 times, she didn't wipe my hand before the needle went in and also asked my friend to help take the needle out of the packet.

My blood tests couldn't be done because my blood was left too long and was no Good for Testing however I found this out at my Own GP The following day

I was told I would be staying in then I wasn't and no one was telling Me anything

I asked if I could leave and the Doctors and nurses made it very difficult to do so and even laughed at me when I asked if I could go and come back if I need too Pending my blood Test results

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.