"Distressing ordeal."

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

After a pervious bed experience at this unit I felt very nervous about returning their for further treatment. After explaining to the consultant about said bad experience (which was a biopsy), they seemed to be very understanding and put me at ease. However during the examination the consultant proceeded to attempt to take another biopsy without my prior consent or even discussing the matter with me.They literally just went and done it and when asked to stop they still made attempts to take a biopsy. I cannot say how upset and disappointed I am with the care I received, especially after expressing my previous bad experience and being lulled into a false sense of security and mutual understanding.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Please do feel free to email me on sally.smith2@nhs.net and I will ask the team to look into your concerns for you.

Please accept my sincere apologies, and I do hope you are recovering following this procedure.

Best regards