"Top notch care for my mum on shuttleworth ward!!!"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

my mum broke her hip and was admitted to shuttleworth ward, under a most excellent medical team.

She has had the most wonderful care, excellent attention from the nursing, medical and care team. Mum wanted for nothing, and her care was explained to her at every step. You must be very proud of your team there Lincoln county!

I am most impressed by the care given to people who have dementia there. Mum doesn't suffer from it but some of the ladies in her bay do. As an RMN I feel I must comment about this aspect. A lady who was most agitated about her surroundings was sat with a carer, she engaged her and reassured her with such patience and compassion it was lovely to watch. Well done to a brilliant team!!! And thank you !!!!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Karen,

Thank you for sharing your observations of the care delivered by the Shuttleworth Ward team.

I am pleased that staff are demonstrating patience and compassion to vulnerable patients and I will share your comments with the team. They will appreciate this positive feedback for the care that was shown to your mum.

Kind Regards,