"No results from test"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I have problem with a lump behind my ear and tinitus . I attended an appointment at QEQM at the end of January 2016 when the consultant said they wanted an MRI scan and an ultrasound scan with biopsy . Shortly after the appointment I attended QEQM for an ultra sound scan but no biopsy. I have heard nothing since. My GP has not received any results. I have not had an MRI scan . My wife has tried to contact the department for the results but there are no records . She was passed from departments in Canterbury, Ashford and Margate, nobody knows anything about the problem . The lump is painful and the tinitus is getting worse . It is now nearly 5 months since the first appointment and I seem to be going backwards. I have contacted PALS on numerous occasions but without any contact being made . I have now received an appointment for the beginning of July , this will make it 6 months from the start. I expect I will attend this appointment only to be told nothing will be done. I don't expect this message will help but I thought I would put it in writing . I can't see the point of a complaint system if the complaint is not considered and the complainant is contacted. . I do think I am wasting my time contacting you.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

This is extremely frustrating for you and your GP.

I acknowledge that you have contacted PALS on numerous occasions, but wonder if you have telephoned them?

Even if you have to leave a message on their answerphone, they will get back to you within 24 hours of your call.

Please ring 01227 783145 or 01227 864314.

I hope you get a way forward very soon indeed.