"re assuring service"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency Tameside General Hospital / Cardiology

i presented at A&E with heart palpatations. i was assessed by the triage nurse and then moved into a cubicle. I was then wired up to a ecg machine to get a more detailed reading.

any way to cut a long story short i was treated with the up most respect and every stage of my treatment was explained to me in full detail.

i have a severe needle fobia which was treated with great sympathy.

i was refered as an out patient and the care and understanding that i received from the staff was second to none. none of my appointments were cancelled and i was kept up to date all along the path of my care.

i would like to say a massive thank you to the staff in A&E, MAU & Cardiology for making a scary time alot more re assuring.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Dear “Lizzibobs”,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post these comments about the quality of service you received at Tameside Hospital. I am sure that a condition like the one you describe could be very worrying and I am pleased to learn that our staff did everything to treat you well and provide you with the information and reassurance you needed.

I will pass your comments on to the staff concerned.