"Dissatisfied"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

I came to the E&a on the 18th of april with severe sciatic pain in my leg and unable to walk either talk from the pain, after waiting for some what 3 hours I finally got to see the Gp who send me to the specialist. The specialist was kind enough to write an MRi for me but in the meantime the only treatment I was given was conservative treatment who obviously do not work on a person who has sciatica for the past 6 months. I had the MRI on the 1st of May, called to find out what happened with the results a week later, the radiologist had the report ready on the 3rd of may. However my affiliated doctor has not send me a letter or set an appointment to discuss treatment. I called to talk to him or someone regarding this issue more than 10 times until today. Without any result. I cant stand , I cant sleep, I cant walk. I have called the ambulance twice until now in order to receive infusion for pain relief. Does it really cost that much for a doctor to simply refer someone to the pain clinic for a nerve root injection? do you really take pleasure in leaving people suffer in pain ? I know you have long waiting list but shouldnt there be some kind of immediate pain relief for someone in my situation ? I am 22 years old , and I cant even go to the toilet without help .....yet after 10 times that I have called and expressed my disatisfaction I am still in pain crying and suffering.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Dear Rozina

I am really sorry to hear about your experience in A&E and severe pain. Please contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at PALS@bsuh.nhs.uk or telephone 01273 664683 or 01273 664973 and they will help you find out what is happening with your appointment. Also, it maybe worth you contacting your GP, who may also, be able to help with some additional pain relief.

Best wishes