"An appointment"

About: Hairmyres Hospital

Attending the hospital after a referral from my GP. I felt that the consultant was rude, dismissive and arrogant. Telling me, despite my concerns and pain, to look at their achievements and awards on this matter and dismissed me within five minutes of walking into their office. It seemed as I didn't have a life threatening condition I was irrelevant to them. Bed side manner and patient care was completly unprofessional. If I behaved in this manner in my job I wouldn't have one for long. Extremely disappointed and upset and the lack of care and attention I received.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Poppy81

I'm so sorry that you did not feel listened to when you had your appointment. I would be keen that we had the opportunity to discuss what happened to you in more detail. Could I ask that you contact our Patient Affairs Manager on 01355 585 325, and she will ensure the right person has the opportunity to look at this, and provide you with feedback.

Many Thanks