"Lucky to have this Clinical Haematology Unit in..."

About: City Hospital campus

All the NHS staff on this very busy unit were brilliant. You don't go here for the fun of it, but they make your life as pleasant as possible, both mentally and physically.

Small bays & single rooms give you dignity in dealing with the side effects of treatment.

Sometimes there are long waiting times to see doctors following blood tests or your proposed bed may not be available. Remember though, this is generally caused by a patient who has been admitted as an emergency and is very sick. You will be given the same priority if it is you!

Although I was glad to see the back of the place, I do think fondly of the many kindnesses shown by numerous members of staff. But, as nice as you are, hopefully I won't be seeing you again anytime soon!

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you. I’m pleased we make your experience the best it can be, in the circumstances. I’ve shared your appreciation with staff.

I don’t know if you’re aware but our annual staff awards are now open for nominations. If you wanted, you could nominate a member of staff / the team involved in your care (this would fall under the Cancer & Associated Specialties division award), you can do so via our website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/

Thanks again for the feedback.

Best wishes,

Maxine Rudkin.

Clinical Haematology Day Case Manager.