"5 surgeries went wrong"

About: Torbay Hospital

I had a pilonidal sinus, I went in for surgery, however, within 2 weeks it was back as the offending foreign body was left in place. I was then admitted and was left for days with no named surgeon. I was discharged and sent for tests, when I arrived for my consultation they had prepared the wrong test.

I had more surgery and discharged, again re infected, was told by another surgeon that they would operate but would find nothing as it was all in my head. i discharged myself, taken in again and told my coxyx would need to be removed following my MRI, then told I didnt need it, went to Exeter, foreign object removed, 4 months of vacuum therapy and all sorted, was in my head was it, all that pain, labled a junkie, Thanks Torbay, made complaints but not even a phone call, was told I was being ungrateful!

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and that the standard of your care fell below that which we strive to provide. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you and try our best to resolve it.

If you are happy to talk to us about this, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) so they can look into your situation in more detail.

A PALS Officer is available in person, Monday to Friday, between 10.00am and 2.00pm. You can contact them by calling 01803 655838 or on our 24 hour freephone number 0800 02 82 037. If you get through to the voicemail service please leave your contact details and you will receive a call back within two working days.

PALS can also be contacted by Text Phone on 01803 654742, by FAX on 01803 617162, or via email to pals.sdhc@nhs.net (your email will go direct to our PALS Service).

We look forward to hearing from you so that we can address the issues you have raised.

Patient Services