"My care prior to, during and after surgery at Lincoln County Hospital"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General surgery

(as a service user),

My problem was a deteriorating mobility due to knee pain. I was referred to orthopaedic clinic I was been either prior to or on time in all of my attendances, However just prior to my necessary surgery admission I was sent for blood tests and had an hour and a half wait to get the test done. On the admission day I arrived at the day care lounge on time and almost immediately called through and prepared for surgery. My consultant once again told me what was going to be done, I was then admitted to a ward for an overnight stay, I had no one at home who could stay with ( a requirement following general anaesthesia. I was cared for extremely well by all the staff pain control was excellent and I was discharged the following day. All staff worked extremely hard and nothing was to much trouble to them.

The food however I found was poor and unappetising

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear FY15NSO,

Thank you for your comments regarding your positive experience during your stay on the surgical admissions lounge.

The staff try very hard to make sure the admission process is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner and it is pleasing to hear we succeeded on this occasion.

Sandra Hayes

Sister, Surgical Admissions Lounge

• FY15NSO thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear FY15NSO,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

As Junior Sister in the orthopaedic clinic I am pleased to read that our appointments system worked well for you, and you did not experience any delays.

Delays at clinic are sometimes unavoidable, often due to circumstances outside of our control, but it is nice that you have taken the time to confirm that most of the time we do get it right.

Donna Briggs

Junior Sister - Clinic 11 Outpatients

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear FY15NSO,

In response to the comment regarding the food issues. This is disappointing to read as we get a lot of praise for the quality of food and meal service at Lincoln County hospital.

However I would be very interested to seek further detail on this comment to allow me to investigate further the concerns that you may have had. Could I please ask if you could provide further detail of the issue with the food.

You can do this direct to my email address, which is wayne.mcintosh@ulh.nhs.uk. I am more than happy, once investigated, to respond back with any findings or actions taken.

Many thanks,