"Blaze the fantastic paramedic"

About: North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance

I am a type 1 diabetic I was ill with my diabetes I didn't notice what was happening and when the paramedic arrived I came around and I new who it was it was blaze and he helped me in every way and he is the first paramedic to get a drip into my hand first try

Response from Deborah Gallagher, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, North West Ambulance Service

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell with your diabetes but thank you for sharing you kind words about Blaze. I was very pleased to hear how helpful he was and how he managed to get that drip in first time, I know from personal experience that's not always an easy thing for someone to do.

I would love to share your kind words with Blaze - however in such a large organisation as ours - it may be hard to locate who to share this with. If you would like to share your thanks officially, we would be pleased to take the details either by phone: 0345 112 6500 or by email: patient.experience@nwas.nhs.uk and then we would be able to identify the staff member involved.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us on Patient Opinion.