"Gynaecology procedure cancelled/open appt not..."

my hysteroscopy was cancelled without explanation and when I tried to honour an open appointment

I was told I had to wait 6 months despite reporting bleeding that was going on for 2 weeks.

I have now had a pelvic MRI at another hospital which showed multiple cysts around my cervix and I have to see a gynae-oncologist

I'm really frightened and wonder if things would be different if I'd had the scan last year.

Response from Communications Officer, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear Megan75,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We are really disappointed to hear that your hysteroscopy was cancelled without explanation and that you had to wait six months for another appointment.

We would like to look into your concerns in more detail, so if you are happy for us to do so, please contact: pils.complaints.compliments@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth and hospital number, and we’ll investigate.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. Your feedback is important to us and will help us to improve our service.

Kind regards,