"Miserably managed"

About: Bmi - The Blackheath Hospital

I was referred to this hospital by my GP. I cancelled all my engagements to attend the appointment scheduled at 9:00 AM. The hospital cancelled the appointment unilaterally at the last minute. Few days later, I receive a letter stating that a new appointment is arranged at 10:30 AM on XYZ date. When I called to re-arrange, I am told that the appointment cannot be arranged and I have to visit GP to get a new referral. All this represents three things - gross incompetence, no patient involvement in decision making, and misuse of position.

Another thing to bear in mind, the hospital policy states that if the patient doesn't attend the clinic, the patient or NHS will get charge anyway. Should the hospital be charged to cancelling the appointments?

Response from Bmi - The Blackheath Hospital

We are very sorry to read your feedback. We would very much like to investigate your complaint further, but as you have posted anonymously we would like to ask you to contact the Quality and Risk Manager at The Blackheath Hospital on 020 8463 1765.