"Rheumatology Infusion Clinic - Heartfelt Thanks"

About: University College Hospital

Heartfelt Thanks to the superb nurses at Rheumatology Infusion day clinic (lower ground floor) for bending over backwards to make it a stress free experience. I am always scared each year as fibromyalgia means I have the associated hyperalgesia and allodynia, so all procedures are more painful than normal. However the nurse who did my cannula was so skilful that I barely experienced any pain. Indeed not even a bruise after even though I normally get them. I am so grateful to this nurse for doing the best cannula ever - and pray they are still there next year when I return. There should be medals for nurses who are that skilled. Meanwhile the lead nurse went out of their way to help me - even calling the day before to discuss a detail I had raised. In clinic, the nurse created a wonderful atmosphere of calm, and by their example, all nurses were outstandingly friendly and sensitive in equal measure. The nurse reassured me, knowing I was very anxious about the procedure. I couldn't be more grateful to all the staff involved with my treatment on the day.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received in the Rheumatology Infusion Clinic and will feed this back to the team.