"Great care!"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

I am writing to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone following my husband’s recent stay in Wishaw General Hospital. He was admitted suffering from stomach pains and vomiting. The staff in A&E were great, a nurse was so nice to us and the doctor who assessed my husband was excellent. He very quickly diagnosed the need for emergency surgery and arranged for my husband to be admitted to Ward 18. In ward 18 my husband received excellent care and attention and went to surgery later that day. We would like to say the surgeon Mr Kassin was just amazing as were all the theatre staff. The after surgery care in the critical care unit was incredible. He was then transferred to Ward 16 where charge nurse Julie and her team of fantastic nurses were brilliant and the discharge procedure was really well organised and arranged. We would like to thank the surgeon, the anesthetist, all the doctors who attended to us, the nursing staff, the pharmacist, the physiotherapists, the porters, the domestic staff, the catering staff in the restaurant who fed me twice a day for 10 days, the switchboard staff who answered all my calls day or night in a very pleasant manner. Please give our thanks to the wonderful team who keep the wheels of this great hospital turning on a daily basis.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Nearby262,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at such a difficult time.

The Hospital Multi Disciplinary Team, will be very pleased to receive your feedback and will be encouraged to know that you felt the care they delivered was done with excellence, care and compassion and his full journey from the ED, Surgery, theatre and a General ward was seamless.

I hope your husband is recovering from the hospital stay.

Once again many thanks for your positive posting on patient opinion.

Kind Regards,