"Well looked after during 2 stays"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Admitted to SEAU in Feb16 with suspected gallstones, ward was busy but was very well looked after with exemplary level of care.

Spent 36hrs on SEAU before being transferred to Clayton Ward my only gripe would be the level of communications between other dept's, the ward and myself could have been better.

Spent 2 days on Clayton Ward and again the level of care was excellent even though all the staff were extremely busy with a number of patients being less than patient!!

After 11 wks of on waiting list to get my gallbladder removed I was called offering my surgery in 10 days, due to timings I was called back within 15 mins offering me the pre-op in a couple of days. Great service.

Nurse responsible for my pre-op assessment was thorough and explained everything that they would need from me that day and also what to expect on the day of surgery.

Day of surgery arrived and I was well looked after in the surgical admissions lounge, although I was last on the list so lots of waiting around.

Special mention must be made to the anaesthetist, from the moment they introduced themselves to the moment they put me to sleep they completely put me at ease and made the whole experience so much easier than it could have been.

Due to the fact I was last on the list meant a stay overnight on Gretwell Ward and again I was very well looked after but following day had 6hrs waiting around to be discharged.

Overall my experience during my illness of the hospital was a positive one made more so by the staff that looked after me.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for taking the time to post this feedback – it gives us a valuable insight into your overall experience.

I’m sorry that there were issues with poor communication with your transfer from SEAU to Clayton Ward, but very pleased to hear that you were well cared for on both wards.

I will share the feedback with the team at our next ward meeting.

Best wishes for your continued recovery,

Averil Adams,

Acting Sister, Clayton Ward

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your pre admission assessment and then then your admission to the surgical admissions lounge.

Both departments work closely together to ensure any specific requirements are noted and attended to, to ensure all patients are informed of the plans in place to maintain safe effective care.

It is pleasing for the team to note that on this occasion the service provided fulfilled this objective.

I will pass on your comments to all those involved in your care both prior to and on the day of surgery.

Regards,

Sandra Hayes

Sister, Surgical Admissions Lounge and Professional lead for pre-assessment

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind comments regarding SEAU.

We aim to provide the best possible care to our patients and your comments will be shared with the ward team which they will appreciate.

I apologise if you feel there is a lack of communication between other departments and the ward and yourself and we will aim to provide a better level of communication in future for all patients.

Jayne Wiltshire

Junior Sister - SEAU

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

It is fantastic to hear your journey was mostly positive. Even though you were going through your own emotional journey of having to undertake surgery, you were able to recognise the role the anaesthetist played in your experience, so a big thank you.

Having worked alongside anaesthetists for many years I can confirm they are a truly dedicated group of professionals with the single aim of looking after their patients.

Thank you so much for the feed back, all is noted and appreciated greatly.

Therese Danes,