"Appointment time"

About: Victoria Hospital / Cardiology

Out Patient clinic-cardiology, Victoria hospital Kirkcaldy

I arrived for my scheduled appointment on time, actually ten minutes early. Appointment time was 11.20. At the time of writing this I am still waiting and that is more than an hour later.

I approached a rather snippy unpleasant member of staff to ask how much longer I was going to be and left feeling very belittled upset and as if I did not matter.

My complaint is. Waiting time and attitude.

No wonder there are as many complaints.

I do accept NHS staff are pressured. If there is a reasonable excuse for delay patients should be informed and this would prevent these complaints.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife We are preparing to make a change

Dear heather harper

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent cardiology clinic appointment. I forwarded your post on to the Senior Charge Nurse responsible for clinics who acknowledged there was a considerable delay in the clinic. She understood that staff were informing patients of an hour's delay on arrival; however she is sorry that you were not informed. The Senior Charge Nurse was also sorry to hear that you felt belittled and upset and has asked that I extend her sincere apology.

The Senior Charge Nurse intends to use your feedback as an example of poor communication at the next staff meeting and will also remind staff of the importance of displaying waiting times information in real time.

Your feedback is appreciated so many thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards