"Community Mental Health Services"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I found myself in Rowan Ward a couple weeks back and found some staff rude, with bad attitudes. I felt isolated and distressed and unwell then several hours later was turfed out and told I was okay to be discharged. No referral to Community services, no support from anybody.

Within 5 hours I was back in unwell to the point of I couldn't think clear at all, again left on my own, nobody spoke to me and when assessed me they gave me no follow up.

Staff I found were really busy in the day, running about after patients, it was like chaos, I had to wait till lunchtime for my medications which I had not had for almost 12 hours.

Response from Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Hello

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Rowan Ward in Yeovil, I am very sorry that this experience was not a satisfactory one for you and if you would like the Patient Advice and Liaison Team to look into this in more depth for you I will need to have further information.

If you could provide your full name and address with your date of birth I will be happy to take this matter further. However, if you do not wish to take this forward at the present time, but would like assistance from the PALS team in the future, please call me on 01278 432022 or email the PALS team at pals@sompar.nhs.uk.

I will share your comments with the manager, in the meantime, for some general feedback for her to raise with her team.

With kind regards