"Wisdom tooth removal"

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

when i had my wisdom tooth removed last week the staff were welcoming and kept a conversation going prior to the operation. When I was taken to the theatre the doctor need not speak to me, they did not even turn away from the desk to introduce them-self. I lay on the bed, the cannula was pushed inside my hand with that much force I screamed and there was blood all over my hand. After the operation I was told I could give the team a call if I needed to. I rang the numbers provided due to a complication I was told someone would be calling me back but no one did this happened to me 5 times I then had to go see my own dentist due to severe pain. The dentist prescribed me pain killers and antibiotics. I fell I did not get the support from the staff or the doctors. I would not recommend anyone to attend Huddersfield hospital for their removal of wisdom tooth as no staff member or doctor helps you with the care afterwards. I am not pleased at all I am disappointed with this department.

Response from Adele Muir, Assistant Manager of Patient Experience, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to learn that your experience fell below your expectations. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Complaints Service as below.

Patient Advice & Complaints Service

Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust Huddersfield Royal Infirmary Acre Street Lindley Huddersfield

0800 013 0018 | patientadvice@cht.nhs.uk