"Poor Gastro Department"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I had been under this hospital for many years as it was our closest one. Then I transferred my care to my university hospital and realised just how bad the William Harvey is in comparison. I have Crohn's Disease and whenever I had a flare up I was told to ring the Gastro department for support, but

I could never get the help and answers I needed during my time of need. I would end up visiting my GP instead who would put me on steroids not wanting to go behind the consultants back. After transferring, all my doses of pills were too high, and I realised I was not being given adequate support for this condition. As a result I have been put off returning and will transfer elsewhere in the county.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. If you would like me to look into your concerns further, please feel free to contact me on Sally.smith2@nhs.net. I am back from leave on Monday 6th June if you would like me to.

Once again, please accept my apologies for your experience at the Trust.

best regards