"Excellent treatment"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I was admitted into hospital on Monday night for a suspected infected gallbladder, my little girl is 6 months old and exclusively breastfed and I was so worried she would have to go home while I was in hospital (she doesn't take a bottle). The hospital staff have been fantastic, it is now Friday and I had surgery to remove the gallbladder yesterday, my daughter has been with me the whole time.

After hearing so many stories of mothers in hospital being unable to have their babies with them I am so glad that this hospital were so incredibly supportive of breastfeeding. Thank you so much! And I'm sure that it will help me recover quicker also :)

Dear Amy

We are very pleased to hear that you were able to carry on feeding your baby with the support of staff while you were unwell in hospital. Breastfeeding is very important for the health of babies and we try and support mums where we can. We hope you are making a good recovery now that you are back at home.

Janice Bradfield