"Fracture clinic"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I attended the fracture clinic yesterday and was greeted by a cheerful receptionist. The nurse who accompanied the Dr ensured I knew where I was going and what to do on returning from X-ray. There was a short wait to be seen which is expected when dealing with people who need reassurance and care.

Tip - If you need the loo go before you book in at X-ray as the person in front of me was called twice while they were elsewhere.

I would like to work in the plastering area as they are a lovely happy team and great fun!

Thank you all for excellent care delivered in a timely manner.

I try desperately to avoid hospitals but life and body sometimes conspire to make me attend 😬

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Dear Ben & Dan's Mum

Thank you for your feedback of Orthopaedic Services at Eastbourne DGH.

It's always pleasing to share positive feedback with staff.

We do indeed have a lovely team in the plastering area, who work hard to make sure every patient feels re-assured and well cared for.

As a Trust, we aim to ensure all patients receive high quality care and it's clear from your posting that Orthopaedics clinical staff (and reception staff) certainly delivered this.

Please be assured that your posting will be shared with all the staff concerned.

We send you our best wishes